Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Slow blog days

Not much new to report today, as I spent most of yesterday working, with my class at the War Museum, and in meeting/socializing with a delightful group of British government librarians.

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to show you some of the curious, funny, and otherwise interesting signs I've been noticing around London. The one at the top of the post is one of my favorites, from a street in Greenwich.

The other samples are from a churchyard in Kensington and one that Hal and Sally particularly liked, on the back of an ice-cream truck near one of the Thames bridges. The ice cream was fabulous, by the way, especially with the 50 p. extra "flake."

The kids left for Wales today on their daring driving trip, which will end up in Edinburgh this weekend. (I hope all the stuff they're taking will fit in their tiny rental car.) So don't look for new blog posts from Hal for a few days, as they didn't take their computer.

Our accommodations in Edinburgh are supposed to have wifi, though, so hopefully we'll be able to share some of our impressions of that city with you on the spot.

No comments: