Hal is here! To prove it, here he is, taking a photo of the Battersea Bridge during our long walk this afternoon. We explored a whole other facet of my neighborhood. I had been emphasizing the areas north of my flat since that's where my classes are. Today we found all kinds of neat and wonderful places south of me, including the river, not far away at all.And, as I'm sure all my students will be happy to learn, MEXICAN RESTAURANTS! Two of them, on the Fulham road. Sorry, in the Fulham Road. We'd already eaten (Lebanese) when we found them, but will have to try them out later.
Our walk took us along the Chelsea Embankment and Hal was able to see Big Ben from a distance. It was lovely, as was Battersea Park, where I experienced my first geo-caching find! What fun! It was in the [... edited... I was enlightened about geo-caching etiquette and realized I had given too much information about the cache! So sorry!] We had earlier looked for one in the Brompton Cemetery but were unable to locate the cache there without disturbing graves too much.
We'll try to find some more caches tomorrow as we make the rounds of several more London parks: Hyde Park, St. James Park and Hampstead Heath. It's so nice to have Hal here, sharing my little flat! And it will be doubly nice when Sally arrives on Saturday. We're saving the big tourist guns—the big museums, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, etc.—for when we can visit them all together.

4 comments:
yay! it's hal!
sounds like you guys did a ton of walking today. let me know how the mexican food is :)
It's fun to have visitors, isn't it? And yet, it's weird to see people you know in a different place.
I didn't realize... are all your students Texan?
Yay for Geo-chaching! We had one literally fall at our feet during an outing. Now that my husband has a phone with a GPS, we might have to try that during our outings.
Have fun with you kids :-)
We did some more today. I will know better than to describe the setting so clearly this time.
We'll report on Mexican food for you, Carey!
Forgot to answer your question, plane ride, yes, all the students we're with are from St. Mary's and almost all are Texans, although we have a few from other places.
Post a Comment