It's a little late, but I finally took all my memento ticket stubs out and put them on my souvenirs quilt, right next to my desk, where I can travel down memory lane any time I want.
Here's a picture of the quilt. If you click on the image, you can see a much larger version.

And here's a list of the London items, with links to the blog post where I talked about the event. How many can you find?
- Spamalot ticket
- representative generic train ticket (this one was to Whittlesford, closest stop to Duxford)
- Fulham football game
- Queen's Park Rangers football game ticket
- Darwin exhibit in Natural History Museum ticket
- St. Martin in the Fields Mozart concert ticket
- Imperial War Museum, Duxford ticket
- St. Paul's Cathedral ticket
- Westminster Abbey ticket
- London Wasps rugby game ticket
- Tate Modern Rothko exhibit ticket
- Courtauld Museum ticket
- visitor's badge for Houses of Parliament
- Churchill Museum and Cabinet War Rooms ticket
- We Will Rock You ticket
- Tower of London ticket
- V&A Cold War Modern exhibit ticket
- Tageskarte (day ticket) for Potsdam/Berlin transportation (not exactly London, but it was on the trip)
Stumped? Here's a key, with the items as listed above noted in alphabetical order:

If you're curious about any of the other items on the quilt (some of them have some historical interest, and almost all come with a story), let me know in the comments.

2 comments:
Oh what fun! I asked my husband to keep all of his train tickets into London. After we're done here, I intend to make something out of all of them--there are A LOT!
It's so much fun to look at my collection and remember all the occasions represented. You'll have a pretty big installation with all those train tickets!
Post a Comment