Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lazy River

I decided I didn't really need to spend the whole weekend working on lecture notes. A nice, relaxing paddle on the upper Guadalupe River seemed a much more inviting way to pass a Saturday. The friendly group of kayakers my husband (at right) spends most of his Saturdays with are nice enough to welcome an occasional paddler like myself, so I took advantage of what will probably be my last encounter with Texas navigable waterways until 2009.

The air was hot, but the water [relatively] cool and the scenery was the usual hill-country best.



If you want to see many more, and better, photos of the trip, check out Henry's blog. I wasn't just lazy about London preparation work this weekend, but even about taking pictures! The one of me, below, was obviously taken by shutterbug husband.

I can always work on those lecture notes later.....

2 comments:

TBM said...

Good on you! Frolicking in the Hill Country sun sounds like the perfect way to spend your last precious moments in Texas! You'll have plenty of time on the plane ride over to work on those notes ;-)

Weather this morning here in England--it's in the low 50s with that weird misty drizzle you'll get to know very well. It's actually a lovely morning for staying in with a nice cup of... coffee!

Kathy Amen said...

But there must be sunshine sometime, given your gorgeous sunset photo!