Friday, October 17, 2008

Another new guest!

Just a quick post to celebrate my sister's arrival in the land of bubble and squeak. Henry met her at the airport to allow me some worktime in the flat. (Other than grading papers, I'm now set, work-wise for the break week and shouldn't have to spend too much of that time working!) Then we took a walk around the neighborhood, including through the Brompton Cemetery, where Henry took this picture, followed by a provisions run to the big Tesco.

One of the stops during our walk was at Stamford Bridge, the nearby home of local Premier League-leading, super-rich Chelsea Football Club, who I've tried not to like since they're resembling the Yankees more every day, but just can't help it since they have two of my favorite England players in their squad. When I saw this display, which lets you be a part of the team, and noticed that the empty seat was right in between these two guys, I couldn't resist doing the cheesy groupie thing. Henry obligingly took the picture. Go Blues!

2 comments:

TBM said...

Ok, that is the coolest photo! And I'm not even a sports fan ;-)

Have fun with your sister!!

Kathy Amen said...

I thought it was a very clever thing for them to set up. A little surprised you weren't charged to take the picture. 8-)