After nipping back down to the Churchill Museum for some souvenir shopping, and a couple hours of good work in the office, I made it to another wonderful museum yesterday, the Tate Britain.The big attraction for me there was their collection of Turners, so I was pleased to discover I'd arrived in time to catch a tour of those galleries. The docent was entertaining and informative and though I was disappointed to learn that many of these pieces are out on loan, what was there was still pretty spectacular. And the rest of the museum was very fine, too. I learned more about other British painters during the Turner talk, and went to seek them out. Another disappointment was that the Blake room was closed, but it's due to open before I leave, so I'll have to make another trip down to Pimlico.
No time for more blogging today. I've still got some errands to run before Henry arrives. Yes! I'm about to have another guest!
I'll leave you with a lovely sunset, as seen last night from my living room window. We've certainly had great weather lately, and can't help but wonder how long it will last.

3 comments:
I love the sunset picture! It reminds me of the chimney sweep song from Mary Poppins. And let's hope the weather holds through your next few visitors' stay!
Is it cold? It's been snowing here in Summit County, and we're NOT ready for that!
We were actually too warm this afternoon. H had to get down to t-shirt sleeves to be comfortable. Sorry for the arctic weather in Colorado. We'll cross fingers for continued nice weather here, Joan!
Post a Comment