I've been thinking about today's big event for a year—graduation at St. Mary's when I get to wear my study abroad sash with my academic regalia. The whole get-up (minus the dorky hat) is on display here.You see all kinds of flags on sashes during the ceremony, since we have official programs in Austria and Spain as well as the UK, and kids go to all kinds of other places on their own. I saw one from Egypt today, and one of my colleagues sports the extremely colorful South African flag on hers.
The colors on the hood are significant, too. Yellow velvet is for my library degree and orange and white are UT's colors where I got that degree. I'm certainly proud of those colors but the Union Jack is extra special. Only one of the London students who was with me last fall graduated today, but there will be a large group next year, I think. Congratulations to all graduates everywhere!

6 comments:
Wow, graduation time already? Feels like November here (maybe because it is!).
Wish you could send us some of your cool air!
Love your Union Jack hood!
Isn't it gorgeous?! It was a gift, too, from the Study Abroad program. Such a nice perk!
I want to see the dorky hat.
Any time, dear ;-)
Post a Comment