Thursday, April 23, 2009

Leveraging

Not that I need any other incentive to find my London experience worthwhile, but I did just get to put a new blip on my cv as a direct result.

I presented a little talk at the Spring Federal Depository Library* Conference in Tampa, Florida, on Monday. It was mostly pretty technical librarian stuff, passing along highlights of the workshop I attended at the British Library in November. But I also included some sightseeing photos and amusing anecdotes from my London stay. I was very gratified with how well-received it was—not too surprising, though, to find a good number of Anglo-philes among librarians.

*Don't know what a Federal Depository Library is? You're not alone! But this has been my day job for more than 30 years. The graphic at the top of the post is the Government Printing Office logo; GPO are the folks who put on the conference and run our program. For a few pictures of Tampa, see my Hometown Tourist blog.

2 comments:

TBM said...

How fun! Glad you're finding ways to share your London experience :-)

Kathy Amen said...

....and make all my colleagues "pea-green with envy" 8-)