Saturday, January 2, 2010

A bit behind schedule

I had a goal to have my London photos website up by the end of the year. Weeeellllllll, it's not happening. But, I have been very busy on the project the last couple of weeks and have made a great deal of progress. I think I can say, with some confidence, that the UK portion of the web pages (that is, excluding Germany and Italy) will be ready before 2010 is too much older.

However, I do have something for you to look at, should you feel inclined. I have chosen only selected photos for the web pages (otherwise they'd be monstrously long) but have loaded almost all of them onto Flickr, where I've organized them into the heirarchy of sets and collections that you see below.

Since this activity doesn't involve much writing to be edited or photos to be positioned on the page, they are ready for prime time viewing now, unlike their companion web pages that need to be polished a bit more. Although it's very likely that I'll come across photos I've missed, or mis-classified, as I finish up, so some of the sets might be modified from time to time.

So, if you want to see some London (and other UK) photos, help yourself to these links. For the sets, where the photos actually reside, the number in parentheses after the title tells you how many photos there are (so you can decide how much time you want to spend on this).
The photos are taken by myself and my husband (he makes up for in quality the fact that my quantity is much larger), but all of the photos "say" they're taken by hjameniii, which is his paid Flickr handle. And the dates given might be the dates the photos were taken (if they're 2008 dates) or they might be when the photos were cropped or otherwise edited (if they're 2009). Wish there was a way to tell Flickr not to change the dates...

I hope you enjoy looking at the photos. And I hope to have the web pages, which will tell about my experiences and serve as a sort of index to these blog posts, too, ready for viewing before long. Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

TBM said...

Kathy, you are SO organized! I keep thinking one day I'll organize all my pics... and then I burst out laughing ;-)

Happy new year!

Kathy Amen said...

I felt like 3+ months worth was a doable number of pix, but am beginning to wonder.... You have so many more, I would find it very intimidating to start organizing them.