Saturday, June 7, 2025

I'mmmm back!


Wow! I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted on this blog! But it's been even longer since I've personally been in the London that I love. However, good news! Our kids wanted to visit the UK this spring and kindly let us join them...I mean, twist my arm!

We spent about 10 days in London before striking out for other parts of the UK, and I plan to tell you about the London fun we had here on this blog. Before returning to my Hometown Tourist spot for the non-London pix and adventures.

After a long overnight flight, Henry, myself, and one set of kids/grandkids hit the tube for Fulham, where the other set of kids/grandkids was waiting to meet us. And lead us to the fabulous Airbnb they found. The picture above is of a very happy tourist standing at our bedroom window. She doesn't even look too jet-lagged! On the right you can see the lovely street that we found ourselves on.

We had a nice walk through Bishop's Park from the bus stop to this fine destination. Over the next several days, we became very familiar with this area, and various ways to get from Putney Bridge to our street. Here's the bridge itself:


And on our walks through the park, we occasionally thought we'd strayed onto a ski slope! But the white you see in this photo is simply an extremely generous helping of cottonwood tree fluff:


English soccer fans (or folks with very long memories of posts on this blog) will know that our Fulham neighborhood is home to a Premier League club whose mid-table finish this season was very respectable. We didn't get to go to a Fulham game, but there will be much more about football there and elsewhere in a later post. Here's a glimpse of their home field, the oddly-named Craven Cottage, as we walked to our lodging on that first day:


I have to close this introductory post with a couple more shots of that wonderful lodging...

plenty of space for our large party of 11

another view of the back yard, and, yes,
the roses smelled as wonderful as they looked


most of the doors on this very genteel street were equally gorgeous

No comments: