More London memories! A little convoluted this time, but, bear with me.
When I leave work on my early days, I often see this flock of pigeons gathering across the street from St. Mary's. They sometimes take off in an impressive mass flight, probably frightened by a wandering cat, which is how I first noticed them. I wish I could get a photo of that, but the camera will never be out and ready when it happens, so I settled for this shot of them feeding. And today I did happen to see someone in the yard of this house, a lady who must have just set the table for them.
Probably only a few of my readers will remember the song referenced in my title. (But it's really quite lovely; you can hear it here, straight from the movie.) And this little house on the west side of San Antonio is a far cry from St. Paul's. But the sentiments seem the same, don't they?
So when the song starts up on my mental record player, you can see where the London connection comes in.
I can't, in all practicality, get a photo of the birds in flight. But I did see them waiting for their meal this morning on a wire over the lady's house. I wonder how many times a day she puts food out for them?
Monday, November 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment