Friday, January 21, 2011

An English Christmas

It's been two years, and three Christmases, since I left London. But I still pine for it, and for almost all things English.

Santa was listening this year, and I got three English-themed gifts:


I've been enjoying my new:
  • puzzle, showing the Tower Bridge then and now, along with a bit of the Thames embankment on the far shore
  • electric tea kettle...why did I wait so long to get one of these?! the tea it makes is amazing!
  • England calendar, whose lovely scenes I'm looking forward displaying for the rest of the year in my office
I hope you all had as nice a Christmas, and that 2011 is off to a good start for you.

4 comments:

Wissy said...

Happy New Year from England!

Kathy Amen said...

Thanks so much! Hope spring comes early for you.

Mandy said...

Oooh, I love the puzzle! But, um, don't you use kettles in the UK? How do you make coffee?

Kathy Amen said...

We don't drink coffee, but most people here use coffee-makers. I had a kettle in my apartment in London and didn't realize how important it was to make tea that way until I got home. It really makes a difference!

The puzzle's a hard one, but fun.